Establishment of a new Hotel Quality and Classification System
What: With SRI International, SW Associates was contracted to analyze the hotel classification system in Abu Dhabi and compare this to other systems such as the Swiss classification system. This involved a detailed comparative analysis that produced a customized system based on an internationally recognized five-star rating system.
The Objectives and Results were:
- Establishment of a rating system that is consistent with international standards
- Provided clear framework for investors, tour operators, and guests
- Developed ratings for hotel properties in Abu Dhabi
- Increased the competitiveness of Abu Dhabi’s hotels and overall tourism products.
- Guest accommodations factors (bedrooms and bathrooms)
- Overall building characteristics
- Food and beverage facilities
- Guest leisure and professional services (health club facilities, pools, gardens, and business and conference facilities)
- The availability of miscellaneous services such as express check-out and bed turndown
- Fire and safety measures
- Quality of hotel furniture and cleanliness of public premises
- Amenities above the minimal standards