International Marketing Strategy and Action Plan for Lebanon Business Linkages Initiative (USAID)
What: Conducted a detailed assessment of international market demand for tourism opportunities in Lebanon, which included discussions with tour operators at the World Travel Market in London. We also developed and conducted online surveys of suppliers in Lebanon. The surveys coincided with the Arab World Travel and Tourism Exhibit in Beirut in which 50 Lebanese companies exhibited.
- First online surveys for Lebanese tourism suppliers and travelers to Lebanon.
- Framework for Action on Tourism for the Lebanon Business Linkages Initiative, which focused on activities in the following areas:
- Expanded market access through business linkages
- Improved access to finance and other supporting markets
- Solutions to address constraints to growth in the tourism industry, especially among small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Expanded international media coverage.